Located on a quiet interior lot, this wonderful 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 1,448sqft home is just waiting for your paintbrush and creative eye! The front of the home has beautiful flowers that line the front yard and the sweeping driveway which pulls up to the attached two-car garage. The spacious living room opens upRead more…
Buying or Selling a Home During “Stay at Home” Orders
Social distancing, plus orders to stay at home, has quickly moved home buying and home selling into a “remote” work environment. And if you are planning to buy or sell in the near term, you’ll want some technological tools to do the job right now:
1. Professional Meeting by Video Chat – No need to visit the office of your lender or real estate professional. Whether it’s your first meeting to go over your goals as a buyer, or, as a seller, your listing appointment (with tips for selling your home)—you should plan to meet remotely in order to plan and make decisions.
2. Searching and Showing Homes, Virtually – Your realtor can provide you with the Internet listings you seek, and can arrange a virtual showing at your request. You can tour even a home which is currently occupied while keeping absolutely safe. Sellers will enjoy the convenience of a virtual tour too, in today’s market.
3. House Staging Tips – Discuss your staging with your real estate professional, online. Top realtors will help you without putting you at any risk.
4. Sending Money – Certain things such as an appraisal, or closing costs, will require payment. Rather than paying in person, a check can be mailed —or picked up from your home by an escrow agent.* If not, then your bank will help you wire a payment from your account. Or you may even be able to use a credit card.
3. Signing Documents – Your agent (or lender) can arrange to upload all the needed documents, where you can sign them electronically—remotely, from home.*
5. Closing – A mobile notary can bring the documents to you.* If your state needs an attorney to witness, ask your realtor to help find one who can make virtual arrangements to “be present”. Some title companies even allow “drive through” closings.
Don’t put your real estate plans on hold. Sell or buy your home fast. Whatever your reasons to buy or sell may be, the technology of Southern California’s best realtors is there to help get things done for you.
* Make sure your state’s regulations allow it before counting on the service mentioned above.